AutoCAD 2017 Instructor
- Current Stock:
- ISBN 13:
- James A. Leach B.I.D., M.Ed.
This book is your AutoCAD 2017 Instructor. The objective of this book is to provide you with extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, whether you are taking an instructor-led course or learning on your own. AutoCAD 2017 Instructor maintains the pedagogy and in-depth coverage that have always been the hallmark of the Leach texts. As the top-selling university textbook for almost a decade, the AutoCAD Instructor series continues to deliver broad coverage of AutoCAD in a structured, easy-to-comprehend manner. AutoCAD 2017 Instructor is command-oriented, just like AutoCAD. Chapters are structured around related commands, similar to the organization of AutoCAD s menu system.
The sequence of chapters starts with fundamental drawing commands and skills and then progresses to more elaborate procedures and specialized applications. The writing style introduces small pieces of information explained in simple form, and then builds on that knowledge to deliver more complex drawing strategies, requiring a synthesis of earlier concepts. Over 2000 figures illustrate the commands, features, and ideas.
AutoCAD 2017 Instructor is an ideal reference guide, unlike tutorial-oriented books where specific information is hard to relocate. Because these chapters focus on related commands, and complete coverage for each command is given in one place, the commands, procedures, and applications are easy to reference. Tabbed pages help locate tables, lists, appendices, and the comprehensive index.
What makes this book unique?
- In depth coverage of AutoCAD 2017 commands and features
- Command Tables indicate where to locate and how to start each command
- TIP markers in the margin provide important tips, notes, reminders, short-cuts and identify what's new
- Complete chapter exercises with many multi-chapter REUSE problems
- Well suited for a two or three course sequence
Your purchase of AutoCAD 2017 Instructor includes two free exclusive bonus chapters that are available by redeeming the unique access code found on the inside of the front cover. These bonus chapters cover block design, the tool pallets and express tools.
Chapter exercises drawings and additional student questions are available for free.
Table of Contents
- 1. Getting Started
- 2. Working with Files
- 3. Draw Command Concepts
- 4. Selection Sets
- 5. Helpful Commands
- 6. Basic Drawing Setup
- 7. Object Snap and Object Snap Tracking
- 8. Draw Commands I
- 9. Modify Commands I
- 10. Viewing Commands
- 11. Layers and Object Properties
- 12. Advanced Drawing Setup
- 13. Layouts and Viewports
- 14. Printing and Plotting
- 15. Draw Commands II
- 16. Modify Commands II
- 17. Inquiry Commands
- 18. Text and Tables
- 19. Grip Editing
- 20. Advanced Selection Sets
- 21. Blocks, DesignCenter, and Tool Palettes
- 22. Block Attributes and Data Links
- 23. Internet Tools and Collaboration
- 24. Multiview Drawing
- 25. Pictorial Drawings
- 26. Section Views
- 27. Auxiliary Views
- 28. Dimensioning
- 29. Dimension Styles and Variables
- 30. Xreferences
- 31. Object Linking and Embedding (OLE)
- 32. Advanced Layouts, Annotative Objects, and Plotting
- 33. 3D Basics, Navigation, and Visual Styles
- 34. User Coordinate Systems
- 35. Solid Model Construction
- 36. Solid Model Editing
- 37. Creating 2D Drawings from 3D Models
- Chapter Exercise Index