Financial aid and scholarly recognition for undergraduat ve and graduate students is available through the ASME student program. ASME Scholarships are awarded annually to eligible ASME Student Members to aply. To be eligible, you must be a community college, college, or university student who is enrolled full-time in Mechanical Engineering (ME) or Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) studies.
Scholarships are nworldwide and contain no geographic or citizenry requirements. Please see the Complete List of ASME Scholarships in a PDF format and know that the list of ASME Scholarships available to students inside and outside of the United States.
How to Apply
ASME student members can apply for most ASME scholarships using the ASME Online Scholarship Application. The Online Scholarship Application is only Open December – March (scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year)
- The ASME Online Scholarship Application will go live every year in December and will only remain open until March 1, when it will become unavailable. Students must reapply each year to be reconsidered.
- All applicants will be notified of the scholarship results between June 15 and June 30.
- Scholarship money will be sent to scholarship winners by the end of August. (NOTE: All scholarship payments will be made directly to the student's college or university to be used for educational costs in the following academic year of study.)
Applicants submitting this online ASME scholarship application form will be considered for all of the ASME scholarships for which they are eligible, unless otherwise indicated in the description of the scholarship. This list includes:
- William J. and Marijane E. Adams, Jr., Scholarship
- American Electric Power Scholarship
- ASME Foundation Scholarships
- ASME Foundation Hanley Scholarship
- ASME Nuclear Engineering Division Scholarship
- ASME Power Division Scholarship
- Allen J. Baldwin Scholarship
- F.W. “Beich” Biechley Scholarship
- Berna Lou Cartwright Scholarship
- Garland Duncan Scholarships
- Sylvia W. Farny Scholarship
- Kate Gleason Scholarship
- John and Elsa Gracik Scholarships
- Melvin R. Green Scholarships
- Agnes Malakate Kezios Scholarship
- Stephen T. Kugle Scholarship
- Frank and Dorothy Miller Scholarships
- Elisabeth M. and Winchell M. Parsons Scholarship
- ASME Metropolitan Section John Rice Memorial Scholarship
- Kenneth Andrew Roe Scholar
- Marjorie Roy Rothermel Scholarship
- Willis F. Thompson Memorial Scholarship
- Bruce J. Heim Foundation Scholarship
- ASME/Virginia Tech Memorial Scholarship
Current ASME student membership in good standing (for login to the ASME online scholarship application). Click here to join ASME or renew your dues.
Established GPA and at least a freshman/1st year student in the year of application to be eligible.