Energy, Power, and Transportation Technology provides a comprehensive study of the basic elements of energy, power, and transportation and how they affect the world in which we live. This textbook covers the resources, processes, and systems used in these industries. It discusses the progression of these technologies from their first use to current use, and it also includes information on potential future technologies.
For maximum teaching and learning flexibility, chapter objectives are divided into Basic Concepts, Intermediate Concepts, and Advanced Concepts.
STEM Activities are provided at the end of each chapter to help students apply the concepts covered in that chapter.
Technology Links, STEM Connections, and Curricular Connections help broaden student knowledge of technology and connect chapter content with concepts in math, science, social studies, and language arts.
Career Connection features show related careers and include educational and salary information.
Workplace Skills features include information on finding a job and succeeding in a career.
Green Tech margin notes relate chapter content to environmental issues.
Energy, Power, and Transportation Technology supports STEM:
Mathematics STEM Connection features
Science STEM Connection features
Technology STEM Connection features
Communication Technology Link features
Control technology and automation
1. Energy, Power, and Transportation Technologies
2. An Introduction to Energy
3. Nonrenewable Sources of Energy
4. Nuclear Energy
5. Renewable and Inexhaustible Energy Sources
6. Solar Energy
7. An Introduction to Power
8. Electrical Power Systems
9. Mechanical Power Systems
10. Fluid Power Systems
11. Control Technology and Automation
13. Energy and Power Conversion Devices
14. Small Gas Engines
15. An Introduction to Transportation Systems
16. An Introduction to Vehicular Systems
17. Land Transportation Systems
18. Land Vehicular Systems
19. Water Transportation Systems
20. Water Vehicular Systems
21. Air Transportation Systems
22. Air Vehicular Systems
23. Space Transportation Systems
24. Space Vehicular Systems
25. Intermodal Transportation and Vehicular Systems
26. Energy, Power, Transportation, and the Environment