Welding Fundamentals is designed to provide students with a strong understanding of the underlying theory and skills required for successful welding, with a strong emphasis on safety. It provides all of the information needed to help students develop proficiency with the most common welding processes (including GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, and oxyfuel welding), thermal cutting, basic print reading and weld symbology, and joint design and fit up. The text also introduces students to weld inspection and testing.
Covers all of the key indicators for AWS SENSE Level-1 certification, so the book can be used in all courses leading to SENSE Level-1 certification.
The book is designed so that sections of the book can be taught in any order, making the book easily adaptable to any course.
The book is heavily illustrated with clear, well-lighted photos and engaging full-color illustrations to hold students' interest and help them learn.
1. Careers in Welding
2. Safety in the Welding Shop
3. Welding and Cutting Processes
4. The Physics of Welding
5. Math for Welding
6. Math Applications for Welders
7. Weld Joints and Positions
8. Welding Symbols
9. SMAW: Equipment and Supplies
10. SMAW: Equipment Assembly and Adjustment
11. SMAW: Electrodes
12. SMAW: Flat Welding Position
13. SMAW: Horizontal, Vertical, and Overhead Welding Positions
15. GMAW and FCAW: Equipment and Supplies
16. GMAW and FCAW: Equipment Assembly and Adjustment
17. GMAW and FCAW: Flat Welding Position
18. GMAW: Horizontal, Vertical, and Overhead Welding Positions
19. GTAW: Equipment and Supplies
20. GTAW: Equipment Assembly and Adjustment
21. GTAW: Flat Welding Position
22. GTAW: Horizontal, Vertical, and Overhead Welding Positions
23. Plasma Arc Cutting
24. Oxyfuel Gas Cutting and Welding: Equipment and Supplies
25. Oxyfuel Gas Cutting and Welding: Equipment Assembly and Adjustment
26. Oxyfuel Gas Cutting
27. Oxyfuel Gas Welding: Flat Welding Position
28. Oxyfuel Gas Welding: Horizontal, Vertical, and Overhead Welding Positions